This week the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual is conducting its final public hearing session with The Anglican Church. A number of panels have been arranged to assist the Commission. This public hearing is focussing on the following matters:
- The current policies and procedures of Anglican Church authorities in Australia in relation to child protection and child-safe standards, including responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Factors that may have contributed to the occurrence of child sexual abuse at Anglican Church institutions in Australia.
- Factors that may have affected the institutional response of Anglican Church authorities in Australia to child sexual abuse.
- The responses of Anglican Church authorities in Australia to relevant case study report(s) and other Royal Commission reports.
- Data relating to the extent of claims of child sexual abuse in the Anglican Church of Australia.
- Any related matters.
The statements made by the Primate The Most Rev’d Dr Philip Freier and the General Secretary Ms Anne Hywood are available to download below.